Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lime Green Cowl



I'm so excited for my first post.... and of course I am including a pattern to celebrate. It's a new season for cowls and gloves and all kinds of cool weather wear and this cowl is so simple and quick to make. I'm not one to say that fall and cold weather is the time for only muted and dark colors. Obviously I love brights and bold colors and I believe that any color can be worn at any time. Don't get me wrong...I do love and wear black, but bold colors just make me happier. So here is my first pattern post for the Lime Green Cowl.

Materials

2 skeins 6 weight super chunky yarn (I used Lion Brand Hometown)
Size N crochet hook

Stitches used
sl st slip stitch
hdc half double crochet

Gauge
4 rows 3.5 inches (9cm)
5 stitches

Measurements
13 inches (33.5cm ) in height from top to bottom
23 inches (58cm) around
(11.5 inches folded in half)

Pattern
Ch 32

You will be working in a continuous round.

Rnd 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch to the end.
When you finish working into the beginning ch do not attach with sl st.

Rnd 2: Hdc in first hdc worked...this will form the circle. You are now basically working hdc in a continuous spiral.

If needed, mark the first stitch of each row as you work it.

Your cowl will be complete with approximately 15 rounds.

Finish off and weave ends.

(Note) I never use knots and always weave at least 4 inches of ends to make sure that they are very secure .


Upcoming posts will include fingerless mitts..... more free patterns!!!!!






7 comments:

  1. this is so pretty- thank you for sharing the pattern. can't wait to see the fingerless mitts. :) it'll be a lovely set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome...I'm hoping to post the mittens in a couple of days.

    Thanks for your comment...this is a new blog and I am hoping to have a lot of neat stuff to offer for free

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this! I am new to crocheting. How do I join two skein's of yarn? I have only made a few things so far and they didn't require adding more yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    When you get to the end of the old skein leave a few inches of the yarn hanging and begin the next stitch. Pick up the new yarn end...You will yarn over and finish the stitch with the new skein. Make sure you leave at least 4 inches of tail when you end and begin a new skein. You will then weave the ends into the item in a zig zag pattern to prevent the ends from slipping out. Use a yarn needle to weave the ends. Never use knots to tie two skeins together...it will create a visible knot and you will feel it. Knots always work themselves out with wear.

    Hope this helps
    Happy crocheting,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cowl I wish I had this color but ill try another for now and thanks......

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome and thank you. I hope you like it.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz! I love your crochet creations! All your cowls are classic and so cozy, also they are easy to make. Just finished this one in cream colour... it turns out just fantastic! Thank you a lot for sharing your ideas and patterns!

    All the best to you!
    Olga~

    ReplyDelete