Sunday, April 6, 2014

Worsted Socks

I've crocheted nothing in this past week. Instead I started a pair of worsted socks
When I received my swap package with the Cushy Chroma sock pattern, I knew I wanted to make a pair. Worsted weight yarn produces such a fast project. So here I am with one done and getting ready to cast on the second.

This one fits great. The only moderation from the pattern was with the cuff. I only wanted an inch or so of ribbing. A little boring to look at, but good practice for me. I need to work on the details...like kitchener stitch and losing the little hole on each side of the ? whatever that is called. (still learning the sock terms)


These are not the prettiest, but the next pair will be more colorful. I've already started another pair (remember I have crafting ADD) using ONline Supersocke.


I think I am addicted
As I "speak", Michael is outside butchering my plants again.  He was so proud as he showed me his "trim job" of the hydrangea in front of the house. It's about a foot tall now. What am I going to do with him? It was getting ready to grow green and bloom. I would post a picture, I still might.

Have great Sunday!














8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful!! Sock are one of my favorite things to knit. I love your new yarn choice. Can't wait to see those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I really like this. Great photos of stages too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read your post - since I too have crafting ADD and working on multiple projects is the only thing I know how to do!! Even funnier is that I'm making a pair of worsted socks in nearly the same color yarn while at the same time considering what sock pattern I'll be using next! Oh and did I mention that I'm a sock newbie and crocheting is my "first love"? For a minute I thought that you were writing about me! Sorry about you hydrangeas :( at least he's trying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do sound alike hahaha. I have yet to finish the very first pair and have started two more. I more motivated with the new pairs because they fit. I do need to get back to crocheting. I have about 4 unfinished projects that need my attention. About the landscaping, Yes he is trying...but a little too hard:)

      Delete
  5. wow I like!
    greetz http://uniquebylin.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete