Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Finished Ripple


I forgot to post about my ripple afghan when I finished it.


I am a terrible blanket/ afghan maker. I lose focus and start about 50 other projects before I ever finish these larger ones. It only took me about 2 and half years to finish... That's really sad. I keep telling myself that the Patchwork will get done way before, yeah right, I'm thinking...and I'm sure you are too.

These are not the best photos, so I'll try to take better ones tomorrow. (the dark colors are actually a darker blue and purple). Yes, I broke my own picture taking rules...no natural light with these to show the true colors.

I'll also try to come up with a name for the new hat, so I can get that pattern posted.

Happy weekend.

19 comments:

  1. Your afghan looks great to me! No matter how long it took to finish. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like having a big project to go back to. I have lots of little projects in between that take my fancy but something to always grab when the mood takes me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but unfortunately the mood doesn't take me too often. I see other bloggers or crocheters on instagram whip out whole patchwork or ripples in about 4 days, and I'm thinking 'wow, I wish I were that disciplined.'

      Delete
  3. It's so lovely and colourful, very well done!

    Lluisa xx

    http://spinningyarn74.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lluisa. I just went over to your blog and I love your photos. Your daughter is beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ripples!! I am in the same boat as you with big projects, they take me years, and in between I finish a lot of small projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. But I do wish I could speed up a little.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ripple turned out so beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the ripple is perfect. I am not a good blanket maker, I too lose interest and my mojo. Glad you are finished it was worth it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful ripple and I love the colours you chose. They are so warm and perfect for this time of year. Well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I'm just about to start a ripple (never made one before...a chevron for someone else and baby blanket ripples, but never the real deal) and love this for inspiration. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the reasons I love amigurumi; I can finish a project in a few hours. You're more disciplined than I am; I could never finish a whole blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the combination color. Very pretty. :)

    I'm your big fans. :p

    ReplyDelete