Saturday, October 13, 2012

One A Day Project

I've decided to start a new One A Day project.





I love to visit Gingerbread Girl from time to time to check on her One a Day projects. I love her latest project and decided to make one too. This seems like an easy one.


I can make a square anytime, anywhere...at the dr's office, during a break at work, or at night in front of the tv.

I'm hoping the ease of this project will motivate me to finish it. I don't have the greatest record of finishing afghans. (The ripple is probably 85% finished. Maybe I should make it a One A Day project)


My granny squares are made with worsted weight yarn left over from the ripple (which is not finished, go figure.) I'm crocheting 4 rounds for each square and joining as I go.


Each square measures 5" x 5"  (13 cm x 13 cm)




I think I'll link up every week for Tuesday Tallies. This may motivate me even more to make progress and finish in less than 6 months or a year.

I was also inspired by the giant granny here at Cherry Heart and this one by Angie at Le Monde de Sucrette. Aren't they beautiful? I love everything they create.

I'm going to go and take more photos now. These look a little dull.

Have a great weekend:)

9 comments:

  1. Great idea, love the colors and the simplicity of the project. Have a great Saturday,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love one a day projects, but I never stick with them. I end up starting huge projects and then they take precedence and I get way behind on my one-a-day projects. Love the colors you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of colours. I love one a day projects although it's been a while since I had one. I've seen the finished afghans at Cherry Heart and Le Monde de Sucrette and they are just beautiful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started a granny blanket myself (but with more serious colors, for my study couch). Your colors are so bright and happy. It is going to be a great blanket.Granny squares are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I think you're right to link up for support and to remind you to keep moving with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing this!! Probably won't finish it but, I am starting it tonight!! ONE A DAY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Link up at Gingerbread Girl and we'll do this together...Motivation for both of us to finish;)

      Delete
  7. This way such a large project seems to get within reach...
    it colorizes your days too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got me inspired and I am going to start this tonight.

    ReplyDelete