Monday, December 12, 2011

Dishcloth Pattern


I've wanted to work on a new post all week, but it wasn't meant to be. Last week was a little bit rough for my little one. She was down and out with the flu and I obsessed over getting it all week. The doc informed us that she was only the second case she had seen so far this flu season. I had a flu shot a couple of months ago and I'm sure it helped me with not getting the virus... I don't know for sure.

I'm happy to say that all is well for now and Ireland is in good health.

I've been working on several dishcloths over the weekend. I made a couple in crochet and one knitted. I love the knitted ones, but the crocheted ones are really pretty too. The ones in the photos are crocheted.




If anyone is interested in the pattern for this one...I will happily post it here. Just leave me a comment:)




Here is the pattern for the dishcloth:

Note: I used an H hook, however for the next one I make, I will add a few more starting chains and use a smaller hook.

Materials

worsted weight cotton yarn
Size H crochet hook
yarn needle

Measurements
9.5 x 9.5 inches (24 x 24 cm)

Gauge
4 rows and 6sts = 2 inches



Pattern

Ch 30

Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook. Hdc in each ch ac9ross, turn (29 hdc).

Important: Remember to work the beginning ch 2 of each row as a stitch. You will work the last hdc of each row into the top of this ch 2.

Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first st of row), Hdc in first st, (skip next st, 2 hdc in next st) across to the last 2 sts, skip the next st, work 1 hdc in the last st, turn.

Row 3 - 18: Repeat row 2

Row 19: Ch 2, Hdc in next st, hdc in each st across. Finish off

Weave ends.

If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I'll try to help.

I managed to make a little progress on the ripple...adding 2 shades of blue, a shade of pink, and starting the red.







And if you have never been here before, please check out the previous post for information about my monthly giveaway. I will be choosing the winners this Sunday. All you have to do is leave a comment under that post.

19 comments:

  1. Your blanket is coming along nicely! So beautiful!

    Yes, post the pattern please! :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket looks great!

    I have a dishcloth pattern that I 'made' and love to make them. I love how yours looks so I would love a pattern to mix up my gift baskets for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of your blanket! And a pattern for that dishcloth? Yes, please, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ripple... I am a relatively new to crochet, but hope to do one of my own over the winter! I'm picking colours now! I would love the dishcloth pattern if you don't mind! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ripple is great, and I love the dishcloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I have just posted the pattern. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the pattern - love your ripples - such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ripple is looking beautiful Liz. Thanks so much for the dishcloth pattern too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dishcloths thank you so much for sharing the pattern. Also love how the ripple is coming along. I really need to try one of these but the thought of a blanket after my sons chocolate blanket makes my stomach squirm.

    Happy Tuesday,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not yet made any dishcloths, should probably give them a try. Your ripple is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz: I love your work! I happened upon it because someone from Knitting Paradise (debdobalina) posted the Azalea hat. Decided to see the other free patterns. I admire your talent. I copied the Dishcloth pattern above and read through it and then noticed the next dishcloth. Have you completed that pattern - you mention to let you know if we want it? I would very much like to make it. Can you post it or send it to me? Let me know please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just crocheted the simple dishcloth. Great pattern, I am going to teach my grandchildren who are ten and eight how to do this. I began crocheting when I was ten and now I am sixty. Thank you for the patterns, very generous of you...Cynthia Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your patterns. I accidentally found you and am pleased. Nice to meet you. I enjoy your web page and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ripple! Thank you for the dishcloth pattern! Do you have the pattern for the ripple afghan available?? The one I have is pointy at the peaks and I love the smooth look to the ripples better! Thank you Again! Jen Sathre

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ripple afghan is beautiful. I love to knit and crochet and would love to have this pattern to crochet my own ripple afghan.

    Thank you

    Suzyage

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your patterns. I have enjoyed looking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The DH is sick of hydrophobic microfiber washcloths & I have a ton of leftover cotton .... so I'm on a great big washcloth kick! Good golly these things work great!!! Thank you for the pattern! The chunky basket is also on the list! - MCS

    ReplyDelete