Sunday, November 6, 2011

Instructions for the Brite Baby Ripple

As I was reading comments this morning I remembered that someone requested the pattern for the baby ripple. So sorry to Heather... please forgive me for taking so long.

I think I mentioned in the original post about giving this blankie away already. Because of this, I will try my best to write it down from memory and from the photos. It is really simple. I can not take credit for the ripple stitch design. You can find the Neat Ripple pattern here.

I am trying to remember the number of chains that I started with, but I'm sorry to say that I can not remember. So I'll use my measurements instead. (Of course, you can make any size you like)

Materials:
Size G or H crochet hook (if you crochet loosely use the G, tightly use H)
Carons Simply Soft in Pink, Orange, White, and Green (bright shades) I think I used a little over 1 skein of Pink and 1 skein each of the other colors
Yarn needle

Measurements:
32 inches (81 cm) wide
32 inches (81 cm) in height

Pattern

Starting with Pink, begin the Neat Ripple pattern

The following is directly from Attic 24 blog, but I have translated into US terms

To begin, chain multiples of 14, plus 3 for turning.

ROW 1

1 dc into 4th chain from hook

1 dc into each of next 4 chs

dc2tog

dc2tog

1 dc into each of next 4 chs

*2 dc into next ch

2 dc into next ch

1 dc into each of next 4 chs

dc2tog

dc2tog

1 dc into each of next 4 chs*

Repeat between ** ending last rep with 2 dc into last chain, turn.

ROW 2

ch3, 1 dc into same stitch,

1 dc into each of next 4 sts

dc2tog

dc2tog

1 dc into each of next 4 sts

*2 dc into next st

2 dc into next st

1 dc into each of next 4 sts

dc2tog

dc2tog

1 dc into each of next 4 sts*

Repeat between ** ending last rep with 2 dc into the top chain of the chain-3 from previous row.

Repeat row 2 for length required.


Now follow the color sequence below

3 rows of Pink
2 rows orange
1 row white

3 rows green
2 rows pink
1 row orange

3 rows white
2 rows green
1 row pink

3 rows orange
2 rows white
1 row green

3 rows pink
2 rows orange
1 row white

3 rows green
2 rows pink
1 row orange

3 rows white
2 rows green
1 row pink

3 rows orange
2 rows white
1 row green
3 rows pink

If you have any questions about the ripple part of the pattern, Lucy at Attic24 offers a photo tutorial on her blog. Just click on the link above.

Finish off and weave all of those ends :)






6 comments:

  1. Lovely blanket, you did a tremendous job.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colors! I can't wait to try it out!! Thank you for the free pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to make a ripple afghan and LOVE all the projects on Attic 24! Thank you for the translation to American terms, I forget to make that switch in my head when working up a Brit pattern;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, love your site. Thanks for the owl hat pattern, worked up nicely. Having lots of problems w/the neat ripple as my rows are not soldier straight. Went to Lucy Attic 24 for assistance, and it still doesn't come out right. Am not sure how it is supposed to end, on which rep? Have been crocheting for years, am capable of reading a pattern, have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any assistance would be great as this is the first ripple I really like, the pointy ones are too, well, pointy for me.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I tried this pattern. Row one I ended up with 3 stitches on my hook ,I did multiples of 14 (chain) 56 please help.

    ReplyDelete